Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chastity Line

No, no. I'm not talking about a "Chastity Belt." We most certainly do not wear those. I repeat: do NOT.

So let me fill you in on the chastity line up here at BYU-I. Every apartment complex is pretty much set up the same: the kitchen and living room are in the front right when you walk in the door, and then there's a doorway you go through to get to all of the bedrooms and bathrooms. Let me help you out with an actual picture of my apartment. Check it:

On the left is the kitchen, and on the right is the living room. (Shout out to Nauvoo House Apartments!) See that doorway? There's a rule here that says no member of the opposite sex is allowed past that door. We call that, the "chastity line." And by "we," I mean the whole school. I'm sure even Kim B. Clark calls it that (Shout out to President Clark!). 

Are you freaking out cause the opposite sex can't go in our rooms?? It's a rough life. I'm kidding--It's pretty awesome. Let me just give you a few reasons why...

1. You don't have to worry about your room being clean for fear of someone important walking in. Like a potential significant other.
2. Say people of the opposite gender walk into your apartment and you're thinking, "Frick. Not the people I wanted to see, let alone socialize with." Just head to the back rooms and you're golden. No one foolish can bother you there. Unless it's a roommate, then you're on your own.
3. There is no need to worry about awkward run-ins. When I get out of the shower I know there will never be some random man standing there. When I am changing in my room I don't need to bolt my door because none of my roommates are men (Although side note, my roommate, Jill, did look like a transvestite the other night when she dressed up like a grandma. More on that later).
4. You would never walk in on anything, well...questionable. Nor would you ever wake up in the middle of the night to anything...uncomfortable. 

I think you'll agree that those are valid points. Still intrigued? Do a trial run. 





1 comment:

  1. Love that you pointed out all the good points of the chastity line. I definitely used the escape route option. :)

    ReplyDelete